Neighbourhood ConnectionsWhat is Neighbourhood Connections?
Neighbourhood Connections is a Supported Living agency,
which supports individuals with a disability living in their own homes in the community. We support people who have a physical, sensory or intellectual disability, including an autism spectrum disorder. Our service does not exclude other people who may require support.
Neighbourhood Connections is part of Tautoko Services.
Currently Neighbourhood Connections operates in the Nelson/Tasman and Marlborough regions.
Neighbourhood Connections believes in the inclusion of all people in the community:
• By providing individualized planned support to enable people to live with maximum independence.
• By working in a proactive manner with minimal intrusion, walking alongside people & focusing on their strengths and maintaining their confidentiality.
• By assisting people to maintain, develop & expand their own personal support networks.
• By supporting people to take risks, whilst encouraging personal safety & respecting choices.
Our key principles:
• People are supported to live in their own communities.
• Support needs to be varied as the person's needs change.
• People are supported to make their own decisions, with access to good information to help make choices.
• Support is provided around the person's life, and is based on a principle of minimal intrusion into the person's own support networks.
• A person's behaviour is not a barrier to getting support.
In summary - We assist the person with whatever is needed to develop and maintain a stable and safe lifestyle.